Monday Musings: In Autumn, Creativity Abounds

When cool weather hits, the air turns crisp, the wind smells like leaves and hickory smoke, and pumpkin spice- and apple-flavored everything hits the stores, my time of the year has arrived.





And that time of year brings with it a surge in my creative drive. At least, most years it does. Last year, I hit my favorite time of the year and felt drier than ever when it came to making anything--writing, drawing, needlework, you name it. I did cross stitch a Narnia sampler for Samwise's bedroom, but that was about all I did. (And if I'm honest, preparing for Samwise's arrival and adjusting to the lack of sleep afterwards account for a lot of my lack of creativity this time last year; stress can kill your creativity like that.)

But this year.

This year, I've finished a draft of Albion Apparent, I'm working on the ending of There's No Place Like Home?, I'm doing Inktober, and my brain is trying to figure out where to squeeze in some knit and crochet projects (something I haven't done in well over a year).

Happy fall, y'all.



Is there a time of the year your creativity kicks into overdrive, or do you have smaller ebbs and flows in that area? What are your favorite things about this time of year (or are you more of a summer person)? Let me know in the comments!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Favorite Songs Inspired by Narnia

Top 10 Tuesday: Evil Wizards

Coco Review: Family and Creativity