Top 10 Books in My TBR Pile (Revisited)

Back in January I listed the books in my TBR pile/shelf that I was most looking forward to reading. This month, I'm going to update that list because a) I have read a few from that list and b) my reading desires change with the hour.

Cold Days by Jim Butcher



Now that I've read Changes and Ghost Story (and have given myself some time to recuperate), I'm ready to dive into the next Dresden Files book. I'm really interested to see where the series goes after the stunning duo that was books 12 and 13.


A Report from Group 17 by Robert C. O'Brien



This is the last book in the O'Brien read/watch series, and I've partly been holding off on it because after this, there will be no more new-to-me O'Brien books. Yes, there are the NIMH sequels written by his daughter, but still. I'm going to read it because I need to finish the series, but please don't be upset if it takes me a little longer.


The Witchwood Crown by Tad Williams



I think I might almost be ready to read an epic novel again. I really want to see what Williams does next with Osten Ard. At the same time, I know I'm going to be waiting a while for the sequel, so maybe waiting to start isn't a terrible thing?


The Devil's Only Friend by Dan Wells


Every time I finish a book, I pick this one up as a contender for "next read." And then I put it down because I'm not in the mood for dark and horror. But I'm going to finish this series. It just might be later this year when autumn starts to creep in.


Rose Daughter by Robin McKinley



This is actually one I've had on my shelf on and off for years. I read Beauty a long time ago, and I've been meaning to read McKinley's second take on "Beauty and the Beast" ever since. Then the bug to read all the B&B adaptations I own hit, and I've got two nice little stacks on the shelf (one for new reads and one for rereads).


The Brothers Karamazov by Fyodor Dostoevsky



I've had this on my to-read list for years, not because it's a classic but because a friend of mine told me Alyosha was one of the characters he most identified me with and I felt like I should read the book so I could understand the reference better.

Uprooted by Naomi Novik




Yes, it's a reread, but I've been wanting to reread it since the first read and it's in my B&B stacks.


Till We Have Faces by C. S. Lewis




See comments for Uprooted. Only I've read this one a few times already. It's just time for a reread.


A Local Habitation by Seanan McGuire



I know I was a little conflicted about the first book in this series yesterday, but my fingers slipped on the keyboard and I've got the second one coming on loan through the library. So I guess I'm reading it sooner rather than later.


The Hollow Boy by Jonathan Stroud



And speaking of library books, I need to get this one ordered. Making myself take a break from library books to focus on books I own was good, but I need to know what follows that cliffhanger, darn it!


Have you read any of these? What did you think? What books are highest on your to-read piles? Let me know in the comments!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Favorite Songs Inspired by Narnia

Top 10 Tuesday: Evil Wizards

Coco Review: Family and Creativity