Top 10 Tuesday: Top 10 Books on My To-Read Pile (AKA Christmas is a Time for Books)

Since I love to read, my Christmas wish lists usually involve at least a few books. This year, I received 6 books for Christmas, with a few extras thrown in due to gift cards and post-Christmas shopping. Most of those are on this list, and a few more are just books on my shelves I want to dive into soon.

Changes by Jim Butcher


I finished Turn Coat and wanted to dive into this book immediately, but held back because I felt I should finish one of the other books I was reading first, and because I didn't want to finish it before I received Ghost Story for Christmas.

Ghost Story by Jim Butcher


Yeah, I basically want to binge read the rest of the current books in the Dresden Files series because I love these books so much. No, I don't think the title bodes well for anyone involved.

Cold Days by Jim Butcher


Without letting myself get spoiled too badly on what comes, there's no way this doesn't involve Mab and the Winter Court.

Skin Game by Jim Butcher


Skinwalkers and the Denarians means I want to get to this book (is it just me or is it the longest so far?) NOW.

The Devil's Only Friend by Dan Wells


I finished Dan Wells' first John Cleaver trilogy last year. I've been wanting to see where he takes the series, but haven't been able to until now. There's a short story (called a novella, but at 33 pages, is it really long enough for that?) called "Next of Kin" that bridges the two trilogies. I received it for Christmas and gulped it down, and it primed me for this new set of books so that I don't know whether to dive into these books or Dresden first.

Over Your Dead Body by Dan Wells


This is quite possibly the most ominous title in the series after I Don't Want to Kill You. I have a very bad feeling I'm going to get emotionally pummeled by this book because the last one is titled . . .

Nothing Left to Lose by Dan Wells


Well, then. John's prospects of surviving his own series aren't looking to great. I may need something light and fluffy after finishing these.

Pendragon's Heir by Suzannah Rowntree


This one was first recommended to me a while back by Meltintalle, and I've been slowly working it up my to-read lists ever since. Who doesn't love a good modern Arthurian tale? Don't answer that. Anyway, I received this one for Christmas as well, so it's in the read-more-immediately stack.

The Witchwood Crown by Tad Williams


Because I still haven't finished re-reading To Green Angel Tower. But this just means I'm going to have less time to wait between finishing The Witchwood Crown and the publication of the next Osten Ard book (which I think is supposed to be another short novel, but might be Empire of Grass, Crown's direct sequel).

Theft of Swords by Michael J. Sullivan


This series has been recommended to me a lot in recent months, and since I love torturing myself with epic fantasies that take me months to read before bed, I picked this up for a quarter (yes, $0.25) at a secondhand shop this week.


What books are on your to-read list this year? Let me know in the comments!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Favorite Songs Inspired by Narnia

Top 10 Tuesday: Evil Wizards

Coco Review: Family and Creativity