Top 10 Tuesday: Things I'm Thankful for This Year

It's November, which means everything Christmas Thanksgiving is upon us. In that spirit, this month's Top 10 is all about thankfulness. Let's get rolling!


  • Albion Academy is published. There's nothing like knowing you've created something that's out in the world for people to enjoy.
  • NarniaWeb continues to bless me with friendships, memories, and news about the Narnia films. (Yes, children, The Silver Chair is happening.)
  • I've been able to work on my art this year -- written and visual. It's been a blessing to express myself in these ways and to learn more about the forms. It's also been nice to just be somewhat consistent with creating.
  • Samwise and Jeana (and our cat Pumpkin) continue to light up my life every day. I'm immensely thankful God has allowed me to have these people in my life.
  • My immediate and extended family have been around a lot this year (I'm sure Samwise has nothing to do with this) and I've been able to see my brother and his bride move forward in their season of life in many ways this year.
  • My Internet friends (not just those I know through NarniaWeb) have shared their own artistic and faith journeys this year, and it's been great getting to know them all better.
  • While technically being a memory/blessing from last summer, the NarniaWeb Canada Moot is something that's really been a boon this year as I'm able to look back on memories of that week and remember the joy of having everyone together again.
  • We've been able to get to know some of our church family better over the last year and strengthen some relationships that were already in place. I'm grateful for such loving and supportive Christians in our lives.
  • Stephen and the others who brainstormed the idea for Lorehaven brought me on as an editor, and this digital magazine is going to be amazing, guys and gals. It's been a fun journey seeing the book reviews and other pieces filing in, and I can't wait for you all to see the finished inaugural issue early next year!
  • I've kept up with my blog writing in the midst of all the rest, and while that may seem like a small thing, it really is something I'm glad of. I wasn't entirely certain I'd be up to it, but 10.5 months later, I'm still here every week.

What are some of the things you're thankful for this year?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Favorite Songs Inspired by Narnia

Top 10 Tuesday: Evil Wizards

Coco Review: Family and Creativity