Monday Musings: Magical Knitting and Christmas Crochet

I mentioned last month that I'd picked up knitting and crocheting again after a long break, and I wanted to share the projects that have stemmed from that renewed interest.

First up, some fingerless gloves/arm warmers in the style of Gandalf. I made these to go with the wizard hat I mentioned in last month's post. They turned out well (and I even had someone pay me to make a pair for them).



Here's the full outfit (with different long-sleeved shirts underneath to try out the effect of the greys). The staff is an actual walking stick I trimmed and tidied up from a hickory branch that fell in our yard a couple years back. I really like the effect of the hat with the gloves and the staff. I need more opportunities to wear this outfit.


This picture also includes my Remus Lupin scarf that fits in well with the grey theme.


A few years back, I misread the song title "I want a Hippopotamus for Christmas" as "I want a Hippogriff for Christmas" and this year, determined to make good on the increased awesomeness of my malaproped title, I crocheted myself a stuffed hippogriff (complete with Santa hat). Samwise, of course, declared it his almost immediately.


Samwise loved the hat for the hippogriff so much, I made him his own Samwise-sized Santa hat. He didn't think it was very interesting, but his cousin did, so it wound up staying at his house.



Do you have any projects you've completed recently or have in the works? Tell me about them in the comments!

Comments

Post a Comment

What do you think?

Popular posts from this blog

My Favorite Songs Inspired by Narnia

Top 10 Tuesday: Evil Wizards

Coco Review: Family and Creativity