Summer Reading Lists: My Take

It's Memorial Day, so everyone is gearing up for summer. And that means summer reading lists.

I didn't really do summer reading lists when I was in school, not do I have a good gauge of what a friend called "summer books" (i.e. books that have a summery tone or setting). To be honest, I was constantly reading whatever I could get my hands on no matter the season. (And when I tried to think of "summer" books, I found I tended to place books in either autumn or fall categories if I could categorize them at all; not surprising, since I am an autumnal soul.)

So instead of sharing a suggested reading list for this summer, I thought I'd share what's on my own list for this summer. * means it's a reread. # means I'm already reading it. @ means it's an audio book.


  • Innocents Aboard by Gene Wolfe * #
  • Uprooted by Naomi Novik #
  • The Fact of a Body by Alexandria Marzano-Lesnevich #
  • Stone of Farewell by Tad Williams * #
  • To Green Angel Tower by Tad Williams *
  • The Witchwood Crown by Tad Williams
  • The Queen of Attolia by Megan Whalen Turner *
  • The King of Attolia by Megan Whalen Turner *
  • Thick as Thieves by Megan Whalen Turner
  • Beren and Luthien by J.R.R. Tolkien
  • Shadow and Night by Chris Walley
  • Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo * @
  • Ink and Bone by Lisa Unger @
  • The Burning Bridge by John Flanagan @

What's on your list this summer? Do you find that you read certain books or types of books depending on the seasons?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Favorite Songs Inspired by Narnia

Top 10 Tuesday: Evil Wizards

Coco Review: Family and Creativity