The End of One Year, The Beginning of Another

It's been a crazy couple of months since I last posted. Our little Samwise joined us, and our lives haven't been the same since.

I haven't been idle with my writing in those two months, though I'm still learning the balance of having a writing life with an infant in the house. I've been making a lot of progress with Albion Academy's publication. We have a cover, which I'll officially reveal in an upcoming post, and I'm a few chapters away from the end of the galley proofing, which means the official manuscript will be finished before long!

Some of you may remember the Almost an Inkling flash fiction contest I participated in last September and October. The winning entries in that contest have finally been released in an ebook from Oloris Publishing. You can pick that up in EPUB or MOBI format here.

In anticipation of Albion Academy's forthcoming publication, I'm going to be overhauling Inexhaustible Inspiration. This change will come in two main ways: one, I'll be redesigning the look and feel of the site, attempting to make it more streamlined and user-friendly; two, for the first time ever, I'll be setting myself a formal blogging schedule. That schedule will be as follows;

Monday Musings: Anything from writing issues to philosophical questions to book reviews; these will be posted every week.

Top 10 Tuesday: Once a month at least (probably the first Tuesday of each month), I'll bring out one of my Top 10 lists.

Watercolor Wednesdays: I'm taking up watercolors this Christmas, and this will be a place for me to share my trials and successes (but mostly the former, ;) ). I may also post pictures of sketches and such. No sense limiting ourselves to one art form. These will come at least once a month. More often if I can get the painting time in.

ThrowBook Thursdays: Once a month (second or third Thursday), I'll post a book I've read before that still means something to me. It may be one I've mentioned before (Narnia, anyone?) or something that surprises you all.

Saturday Snippets: On the last Saturday of the month, I'll post some snippets of what I've written that month. For the foreseeable future, these will most likely come from the second book in the Albion Quartet, as that will be my primary focus. The goal is to have that one ready to go to the publisher around the time Albion Academy comes out in July, so that we can release it a year later. Then it will be on to book 3! (But let's not get ahead of ourselves.)

Thank you all for sticking with me over the last few years. I can't wait to see where this next year takes us all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Favorite Songs Inspired by Narnia

Top 10 Tuesday: Evil Wizards

Coco Review: Family and Creativity