For this edition of Beautiful People, I'm going to focus on Radley and Clarice, two characters from my unfinished novel Shadowmen. They're the couple that I think of when I think of couples in my books, and they have been clamoring for the book to be written very loudly lately, so this might satisfy them (a bit).
1. How did they first meet?
Radley met Clarice when she joined the school (which still needs a snazzy name).
2. What were their first impressions of each other?
He thought she was going to be trouble since he's Catholic and she's the daughter of a Protestant preacher. She thought he would try to ask her out within a week because he had this "bad boy" vibe that she interpreted as overconfidence in the romance department.
It took him a month.
3. How long have they been a couple?
4. How committed/loyal are they to each other? Would they break up over a secret or a disagreement? Could stress drive them apart? Would they die for each other?
5. List 5 “food quirks” they know about each other. (Ex: how they take their coffee, if they’re allergic to something, etc….and feel free to mention other non-food quirks!)
6. Does anyone disapprove of their relationship?
7. What would be an ideal date?
8. What are their personality dynamics? Similar? Contrasting? Do they fight a lot or mesh perfectly?They fight, usually over whether Radley should go out and see people, make friends, etc. Not because Radley's an introvert, but because he lets fear of the wolf rule him too much.
9. What have been their best and worst moments together as a couple?
10. Where do they see themselves and their relationship in the next few years?Graduated, preferably alive and with a cure for Radley.