It's time for another Beautiful People. This month I'm going to focus on Mortimer, one of the three narrators of my Albion/Merlin Quartet (or baker;s trilogy as my writing group calls it), because his prequel story is giving me grief and refusing to be written and I need to finish some edits on the first book.
1. What first inspired this character? Is there a person/actor you based them off?I needed a Djinni in the book, and I liked the name Mortimer (which comes in this case from the movie Arsenic and Old Lace). There wasn't a particular person or actor in my mind when I created him.
2. Describe their daily routine.
3. If they joined your local high school, what clique would they fit into?
4. Write a list of things they merely tolerate. Ex: certain people, foods, circumstances in their lives...
5. How do they react in awkward silences?
6. Can they swim? If so, how did they learn?
7. What is one major event that helped shape who they are?
8. What things do they value most in life?
9. Do they believe in giving other people second chances? Do they have any trust issues?
10. Your character is having a rough day...what things do they do to make them happy again? Is there anyone they talk/interact with to get in a better mood?