Watercolor Wednesday: Halloween and the End of Inktober

October is over, and so is Inktober. Here are the last 9 of my Inktober drawings, along with a watercolor sign I painted as part of my Halloween costume (also pictured). I'm moving Watercolor Wednesday up a week this month because the months when first Tuesday and second Wednesday fall in the same week are always harder to keep up with blog-wise and because I don't anticipate a lot of painting getting done this month apart from Christmas gifts that I can't share until after they've been received.

Day 23: The Kitsune Girl (Urban)


I really had a hard time with this one, but I'm pleased with the fox tail.



Day 24: The Anti-Vampire (Urban)


Another character sketch from Ashes and Dust, this was one of the prompts I stretched the most, as the character I drew is actually a vampire. But given his role in the plot, I figured it was close enough.



Day 25: The Cursed Knight (Forest)


One of the quicker drawings I did for Inktober, this one turned out well enough. I like the feeling of a quick sketch that it has.



Day 26: The Sorcerer (Fairy-tale)


This character should ostensibly be from the Albion Quartet, but I haven't figured out who he'd be yet. I based him off Frollo from Disney's Hunchback, but wound up with someone closer to the Joker.



Day 27: The Beast (Forest)


Another chance for more not-yet-written characters. This is the beast from Swanlight. (Also, I just realized I misnumbered this drawing and the next in my sketchbook. Oh well.)



Day 28: The School Bully (Urban)


By this point, if you couldn't tell, I was really losing steam. I got my flu shot last Thursday and between  the blah feeling of the day after and the general worn-out feeling that comes late in any month-long challenge (be it NaNoWriMo, Inktober, or what have you), I just had to push through and do something. I didn't feel like doing a person so I drew a snake-person.



Day 29: The Grim Reaper (Fairy-tale)


I had grand ideas to try a new take on this prompt, and in the end I fell back on Death as he appears in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather.



Day 30: The Huntswoman (Fairy-tale)


Another simple drawing. I wish I'd had more energy to put into this one but I was just glad to have drawn. I couldn't bear the thought of getting this close to the end and not completing the challenge.



Day 31: The Unicorn (Urban)


I went a little simpler with this one but the main idea for it (a unicorn as a jazz musician) has been brewing most of the month. It was probably partly inspired by my reading Peter S. Beagle's The Unicorn Sonata earlier this year.



My first painting in a few weeks was a sign for my Halloween costume. I didn't get too elaborate, but I did play around with mixing my oranges, greens, and browns/blacks. The pumpkins on the far left were done using orange paint straight from the tube, and the rest were mixed with various reds and yellows, some mixed on the palette and some on the page. All the browns and greens for the stems and leaves were mixed up, and I'm most pleased with the far left's stem because the color was just what I wanted.




Here's the costume in full. (For those who don't get the reference, I'm Linus from It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown.)


Thanks for stopping by!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Favorite Songs Inspired by Narnia

Top 10 Tuesday: Evil Wizards

Coco Review: Family and Creativity