It's time once again for Beautiful People, the character interview-ish blog linkup hosted by Paper Fury and Further Up and Further In. This month I decided to look at Bryn, the Valkyrie narrator in my Albion Quartet. (I guess this means next month will be Merlin's turn since he's the only one left on the POV characters.)
1. How often do they smile? Would they smile at a stranger?Bryn isn't much of a smiler, but she will smile every so often. She would only smile at a stranger if she wanted to scare them (or encourage them if they're particularly helpless).
2. What is the cruelest thing they’ve ever been told? And what was their reaction?Merlin once accused her of abandoning him and Mortimer in a time of need. She ignored him and focused on the more pressing issue of her Valkyrie duties.
3. What is the kindest thing they’ve ever been told? And what was their reaction?Once, she saved Thor's life and Odin thanked her by offering her three favors. She kept them reserved for troubled times.
4. What is one strong memory that has stuck with your character from childhood? Why is it so powerful and lasting?Thor tossing her into the air and catching her. It emphasized her connection to her family and the carefreeness of her childhood compared to her duties now as a Valkyrie.
5. What book (a real actual published book!) do you think your character would benefit from reading?Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, The Silver Chair or any other book in which people who aren't immediate friends come together and realize they complement each other very well.
6. Have they ever been seriously injured? How severely? How did they react?The worst she's experienced was a ghoul attack. She had some burns around her neck, but it wasn't too bad. She was mostly upset with herself for letting the ghoul get close enough to touch her
7. Do they like and get along with their neighbors?She gets along with pretty much everyone in Asgard, with the slight exceptions of Loki when he's in one of his trickster moods and her sisters when they're being vague and prophetic.
8. On a scale from 1 to 10 (1 being easy and 10 being difficult) how easy are they to get along with?If Merlin is a 3 and Mortimer a 5, Bryn is probably a 7. She's not the most open and friendly of people, particularly when she's being roped into dangerous situations because she's on duty or in the wrong place at the wrong time.
9. If they could travel anywhere in the world, where would they go?Bryn can travel anywhere in the world, but if she were to go somewhere to visit she'd probably pick a nice, wild place where dragons and Merlin couldn't find her.
10. Who was the last person they held hands with?Bryn isn't much for hand-holding in general, but the last person was probably Mortimer. She doesn't want to talk about it.