Books and Cookies Tag

I'm picking this tag up from Paper Fury, who picked it up from other blogs.

Chocolate Chip: Classic Book That You Love

Dracula, Treasure Island, Pride and Prejudice, The Hunchback of Notre Dame



Thin Mints: A Hyped-Up Book You Want To Read

The Return of the Thief by Megan Whalen Turner, Bridge of Clay by Markus Zusak, the Temeraire series by Naomi Novik



Shortbread: An Author You Can’t Get Enough Of

C. S. Lewis, Jim Butcher, J. R. R. Tolkien, Naomi Novik, Megan Whalen Turner 




Samoas: An Emotional Rollercoaster

A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness, Changes by Jim Butcher, I Don't Want to Kill You by Dan Wells




Oreos: A Book Whose Cover Was Better Than The Story

The Golden Compass by Phillip Pullman




Gingerbread Cookies: Where The Story Was Better Than Its Cover

Till We Have Faces by C. S. Lewis, The Secret of NIMH/Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH by Robert C. O'Brien (I have the movie tie-in edition and it's not the best cover in the world, even for a movie tie-in edition)



Peanut Butter Cookies: A Book That Wasn’t What You Expected

Several books already mentioned could fall here, but for the sake of variety:

The Raven Boys, Practical Magic, the Hellboy comics




Snickerdoodles: A Book You’ll Never Stop Rereading

The Chronicles of Narnia, The Lord of the Rings, The Queen's Thief series, Harry Potter, The Westing Game by Ellen Raskin



Macaron: Sequels You Liked Better Than The First

The Queen of Attolia and The King of Attolia by Megan Whalen Turner, The Horse and His Boy by C. S. Lewis, The Glass Magician by Charlie N. Holmberg, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J. K. Rowling, Phoenix and Ashes by Mercedes Lackey, every Dresden Files book after Fool Moon



Comments

  1. I haven't read Hunchback, but Les Mis is one of my favorite classics! And I agree with you on The Horse and His Boy. That and Voyage of the Dawn Treader were by far my favorite Narnia books :)

    Eleanor | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HHB has been my favorite Narnia for so long I forget what my favorite was before that. VDT is pretty high up for me as well, but Silver Chair and Magician's Nephew might just beat it out.

      Delete
  2. picked up the tag and answered here: http://lover-of-the-starkindler.tumblr.com/post/182142736484/book-and-cookies-tag

    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are some good choices! I can't believe I didn't think to put Dandelion Fire in the sequels category. That one was like finally finding everything I had wanted in 100 Cupboards.

      Delete

Post a Comment

What do you think?

Popular posts from this blog

My Favorite Songs Inspired by Narnia

Top 10 Tuesday: Evil Wizards

Coco Review: Family and Creativity