Autumn Tag

In the words of the indomitable Samwise Gamgee, "Well, I'm back."

Sorry for the unexpected absence of the last couple months. I experienced an unexpected career change earlier this year and while the transition has been fairly smooth, I haven't had a lot of blogging in me. I've told myself to just take the plunge and get back to it, but it took Mirriam's awesome autumn tag to finally get me back here. So without further ado, the Autumn Tag:


Favorite Autumn Activity

Walking. I love walking in the autumn when the air is crisp and smells of woodsmoke and dead leaves and the promise of adventure. There's a certain kind of wanderlust that appears in autumn that isn't always about reaching faraway lands but sometimes just about getting 'round the corner.

Favorite Autumn Music

The Harry Potter soundtracks, the Nightmare Before Christmas soundtrack, the Lord of the Rings film soundtracks

Spooky or Cozy Autumn

Both? Probably more cozy than spooky, but I like a little spookiness. Nothing creepy, but a hint of danger and uncertainty? Bring it on.

Ghoul, Ghost, or Monster

Monster; there's always a chance at humanity beneath.

Favorite Autumn Shows/Films

Hellboy II: The Golden Army, The Fellowship of the Ring, Grinch Night, The Corpse Bride, Practical Magic, Over the Garden Wall, Gravity Falls (okay, it's set in summer but it feels like autumn), Stranger Things, Disney's The Legend of Sleepy Hollow

Favorite Autumn Food/Drink

Apple cider (hot, not cold)!!! All the Thanksgiving foods (especially cranberry sauce, cornbread dressing, and pumpkin and sweet potato pie), and of course baked goods (though I'll eat those all year long).

Favorite Autumn Reads



Something Wicked This Way Comes, 'Salem's Lot, The Graveyard Book, Uprooted, the Redwall books, The Lord of the Rings

Favorite Autumn Challenge

I've done NaNoWriMo off and on (mostly off) for the last decade, but after trying out Inktober last year, I think it may be my new favorite. I'm excited to try something new with Inktober this year, and maybe I'll even try NaNo again.

Favorite Autumn Quote

"I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers." -- Anne of Green Gables

"But when fall comes, kicking summer out on its treacherous ass as it always does one day sometime after the midpoint of September, it stays awhile like an old friend that you have missed. It settles in the way an old friend will settle into your favorite chair and take out his pipe and light it and then fill the afternoon with stories of places he has been and things he has done since last he saw you." -- 'Salem's Lot

Comments

  1. GRAVITY FALLS AND PRACTICAL MAGIC. I FORGOT TO PUT THOSE ON MY LIST. G. F. /does/ feel like autumn

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What do you think?

Popular posts from this blog

My Favorite Songs Inspired by Narnia

Top 10 Tuesday: Evil Wizards

Coco Review: Family and Creativity